Did you know that we spend about 90% of our time indoors? That is roughly 22 hours each day. Hence our indoor environments, such as the amount of daylight, the air quality indoors, the temperature, humidity, and the types of food we consume, among other things, have a compelling influence on our overall health and well-being.
At our eFACiLiTY® building, your health is our priority. We believe that spaces have the power to positively impact every employee’s health, safety, and well-being, including yours. And that’s why we’re so pleased to share the news about our WELL Certification.
We worked in tandem with a team at InHabit, a Coimbatore-based Green Building Consultant that helped introduce an array of positive, health-focused changes. Ergonomic furniture, water quality standards, circadian lighting, and outdoor physical activity spaces were just a few features we have incorporated that were informed by the WELL Building Standard™ (WELLTM).
WELL combines best practices in design, construction, and operations with evidence-based scientific research – harnessing buildings as vehicles to support human health and well-being. Beyond the physical features, WELL also informs our organization’s policies and protocols, from the benefits we provide to our employees to the operational protocols we follow to keep our space safer and healthier.
We invite you to visit our eFACiLiTY® building and explore the new features in our space and policies:
- The Air Quality standards maintained inside our eFACiLiTY® building exceeds the standards set for the operation theatres in hospitals
- Installation of additional fresh air fans with HEPA filters supplying 60% enhanced fresh air helps us to constantly maintain CO2 levels well below 600 ppm, PM5, and PM10 levels below 10 ppm within the facility. People having respiratory issues like asthma, dust allergy, etc. get mobile alerts when the air quality parameters breach optimum levels in their respective locations
- Our eFACiLiTY® Smart Facility App ensures that the employees maintain a healthy diet. They are alerted when they try to order any food containing ingredients that could trigger allergies. The app promotes healthy food options by providing nutrient information and ingredients used in each meal item
- Legionella control, sediment filtration, microbial elimination, and periodic water quality testing ensure high-quality water availability around the clock in our facility
- Our eFACiLiTY® Occupant Wellness App caters to the human health & wellness standards for buildings specified in the WELL Building Standard™
and equips our employees to monitor their physical activity, nutrition, and environmental parameters, enabling them to benchmark their physical activity amongst their peers at work. It enables them to move towards a much healthier lifestyle and improve their overall health & well-being
- Our interiors, hallways, and staircases are designed with aesthetically pleasing regional artwork, light works, and various natural design elements like indoor plants installed at strategic locations
- We have also integrated WELL related policies into our HR policies rendering them more employee health & well-being friendly and supportive to their personal life & family
- We support mental health & well-being through our commitment to providing mental health education, programming, and initiatives like standing desks, fitness equipment, etc.
- Feel a sense of security knowing that we have developed an emergency management plan and supporting resources
Our eFACiLiTY® Building at Coimbatore is also rated as the World’s 2nd Highest Ranking Green Building under the U.S. Green Building Council LEED rating system NC v2009 and India’s Highest Ranking Green Building under the India Green Building Council (IGBC) Green New Buildings rating system.
Learn more about WELL Certification at www.wellcertified.com